1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
1.1. Personal Information The following are categories (with non-exhaustive examples) of personal information we may collect about you and for each category the purpose for which it may be used:
|A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Sensitive Personal Information||Financial or credit/debit card account information.|
|C. Geolocation Data||Precise physical location.|
|D. Commercial Information||Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered.|
|E. Internet or Network Activity||Browsing history, search history, information on an individual’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|F. Professional or Employment-Related Information||Information collected in connection with employment, title, employment history, education, job qualifications, current or past job history.|
|G. Education Information||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts.|
|H. Inferences Drawn from Personal Information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.|
1.2. Sources of Personal Information We obtain the categories of personal information listed above on or through our Platform from the following categories of sources
• Personal Information You Provide LivedX collects personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect or receive personal information from Users when a User create a User Account; edits Registration Information; signs up to receive promotional communications; uses or accesses a Service or content available through the Platform; participates in one of our surveys; posts a review; submits a request to our customer service team; interacts with our social media pages; or otherwise interacts with us or other Users through the Platform.
• Automatically Collected Personal Information In addition to personal information that we may receive directly from you, LivedX indirectly collects other information from you automatically through the Platform. For example, we receive personal information from Users when a User visits and navigates our Platform on any device; installs and uses the Application; enables location-based features on the Application. We may also collect personal information about Users over time and across different websites, apps, and devices when a User accesses the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform. LivedX collects some personal information automatically using cookies or other online tracking technologies.
• Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties In addition to the personal information that we collect from you directly and automatically, LivedX may receive personal information about you from other third party sources. For example, we receive personal information from our business partners, social media sites, or companies or organizations that provide personal information to supplement what we already know about Users. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
LivedX’s primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide the Services and content that you request on the Platform. LivedX may also use personal information for various purposes, including without limitation to:
• To Provide Services This could include fulfilling your requests for services. For example, if you share your personal information to ask a question about our services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry, and disclosing to other users in connection with the Services.
• To Improve Our Services We use personal information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users to make our Platform, Services, or content better, diagnose technical issues, prevent fraud, and develop new features and functionality.
• To Understand Your Interests We use your personal information to personalize your experience on the Platform and to deliver information about products and services relevant to your interests.
• To Respond to Your Requests or Questions We use personal information to provide you with support and to respond to your requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses. This may also include responding to your feedback.
• To Determine Your Eligibility and Set Up Your Account We use your personal information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, services, and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth, school, and place of residence. If you set up an Account on the Platform, we will use the Registration Information you provide in relation to that Account creation to create, maintain, customize, and secure your Account.
• To Secure the Platform We use personal information to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Platform, products and services, databases and other technology assets, business, and other Users.
• As Required by Law We use personal information to respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or government investigation.
• To Respond to Reporting Requirements and Requests. We use personal information to comply with reporting requirements and requests.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3.1. Related Companies and M&A Transactions. We may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). In addition, if we sell all or part of its business or make a sale or transfer of assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
3.2. To Our Other Users. We may share your personal information with our other users in connection with providing you the Services.
3.4. Legal Compliance We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights; to defend against a legal claim; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities or fraud; to protect the safety and security of other Users; or to prevent a violation of our Terms of Service.
3.6. Behavioral-Based Advertising We participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our Platform so that we can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Platform, or on other websites.
3.7. Partner or Client Offerings We may jointly offer events, promotions, or any other product or service offerings with third party partners or our clients, which may be your employer. The personal information that you submit through an event, promotion, or other product or service offering may be combined and transmitted with the Registration Information related to your Account. Third party partners or clients may collection information directly from you, which may be combined with personal information disclosed by us. If you decide to request, enter into, or participate in an event, promotion, or other product or service offering that is offered by us and identified as a joint effort with a third-party partner or client, the information that you provide may be shared with us and with that identified third party.
3.8. Social Networking The Platform may offer you the ability to share your personal information through a social networking website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter), using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook “Like” button, or Twitter “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public, depending on the settings that you have established with such social networking site. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking site or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these social networking sites.
3.9. Public Forum and Messaging The Platform may provide you with the opportunity to post comments, messages, or reviews in a public forum. If you decide to submit personal information at these locations, that information will be available to other Users of the Platform.
3.10. Referrals Users may recommend other Users to join the Platform by providing their contact information or selecting friends from a social networking site. Users may also provide information about other Users of the Platform such as reviews of the services or products that he or she received.
3.11. Reporting We or our customers may be subject to reporting requirements or requests that may require disclosure of your personal information to our customers (e.g., your school) and/or other third parties, including, but not limited to, the Department of Health and Human Services and/or law enforcement, in order to comply with such requirements and requests.
4. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
5.1. Access to Your Personal Information You may request access to your personal information by contacting us as described below. We will grant you reasonable access to the data that we have about you as required by law.
5.2. Changes to Your Personal Information We rely on you to update and correct the personal information contained in your Account. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law. If our Platform does not permit you to update or correct certain personal information, please contact us as described below.
6. OPTING OUT
You can make the following choices to opt out of certain activities regarding your personal information:
6.1. Promotional E-mails You may choose to provide us with your e-mail address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Platform, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional e-mails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the e-mails or by contacting us as described below. If you decide not to receive promotional e-mails, we may still send you service-related communications, such as those about your Account, to fulfill orders for products and service you have requested, or deliver notifications directly to you through the Platform.
6.2. Behavioral-Based Advertising Opt-Out As outlined in Section 3.5, we participate in behavioral-based advertising. If you wish to limit third parties’ collection of information about your use of our Platform, you can opt-out of such at the Digital Advertising Alliance in the US, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe. PLEASE NOTE THAT OPTING-OUT OF BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE ADVERTISING WHILE USING THE PLATFORM. IT WILL, HOWEVER, EXCLUDE YOU FROM INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING CONDUCTED THROUGH PARTICIPATING NETWORKS, AS PROVIDED BY THEIR POLICIES AND CHOICE MECHANISMS.
6.3. Do-Not-Track Some web browsers and devices permit you to broadcast a preference that you not be “tracked” online. At this time, we do not modify your experience based upon whether such a signal is broadcast.
7. EXERCISING YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
7.1. No Fee Usually Required You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
7.2. What We May Need from You When exercising your rights or otherwise assisting you, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure we do not disclose personal information to any person who is not entitled to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
7.3. Time to Respond We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 days of your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than 30 days to respond, for instance if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you of the delay, and may continue to update you regarding the progress of our response.
7.4. No Discrimination You will not be subject to discrimination as a result of exercising the rights described herein. In some cases, when you exercise one of your rights, we will be unable to comply with the request due to legal obligations or otherwise, or we will be unable to provide you certain products or services. These responses are not discrimination and our reasons for declining your request or ceasing services will be provided at that time.
7.5. Authorized Agent You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s identification information, and the authorized agent’s identification information.
8. CONTACTING US
Birchhoover LLC dba LivedX
Attn: LivedX Privacy Agent 1625 S. Birch Street Apt. 1003 Denver, CO 80222
Effective Date: August 14, 2021